- Level 1 - CrossFit Certification
- Olympic Lifting - CrossFit Certification
- Endurance - CrossFit Certification
- Movement and Mobillity - CrossFit Certification
- Certified Personal Trainer - National Personal Training Institute (100 hours Nutrition, 100 hours Anatomy and Physiology, 100 hours of Therory and Practice, 200 hours of Practical Application
- Kettlebell - National Personal Training Institute
- Suspension Trainer - National Personal Training Institute
- Certified Personal Trainer - NASM
- Corrective Exercise Specialist - NASM
- CPR/First Aid
- Blackbelt in Chinese Kempo Karate
- WAG Certified Nutrition Coach
Dawna’s background and experiences include social work, human resources, and karate instruction. She played sports year-round while growing up, with softball being her main interest. Dawna received her CrossFit L1 in 2009 and from that time, continued to educate herself by attending seminars, obtaining certifications, and enrolling in the National Personal Training Institute where she eventually became the Program Design and Practical Instructor.
Dawna believes that everyone is an athlete. With her diverse background she is able to help modify workouts for those who think they can’t join the challenge and fun of a group fitness class.
Dawna’s family is also hooked on fitness. It took 3 weeks of talking about her workouts (you know how newbie CrossFitters can be) before her husband, Andrew, joined her for a class. He signed up for an unlimited membership the next day. Their son, Dylan, started CrossFit when he was 11 and attended classes around his sports schedule and continues today.
When she’s not at the gym, Dawna loves to hike, travel the world, and spend time with her family and pups.